Wednesday, October 19, 2011

North Dakota Opener 2011

I spent a few days on the prairie with my son Grant for the North Dakota opener. The bird numbers were down compared to my last visit as predicted, but the beauty of North Dakota plains and the fact that the Dakota's are better in a bad year than most states in their best years always brings me back in October.


I am coming to the realization that Sabrina's endurance has greatly diminished over the last year although she is still my best bird finder. I dread the day that she will have to go into retirement, but am thankful for the young pups who are coming along nicely. My daughters young Brittany Ginger had a stellar morning on the third day with 4 solid finds and points, and a nice retrieve.



These are the best of times, and the chance to share them with my son is such a privledge






No comments:

Post a Comment