Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Land Of Oz" Youth Hunt


I headed to Kansas this past weekend with my son Grant for the Kansas early youth opener. The birds were present in decent numbers and of course the hospitality of the Kansans was like a breath of Spring air. The weather was a little on the warm side in the low 70's and very dry which made it tough on the dogs, but we still enjoyed some good dog work. I was able to scout out some new WIHA and discovered some nice cover during our trip. I also spent some quality time with my son, which was way over due.

I want to thank the state of Kansas for their foresight in creating a special hunting season just for kids. Time in the field with a mentor and little competition for hunting areas or shooting opportunities are just what beginning hunters need to motivate them to carry on the upland tradition we care so much about. Kansas is a great state.

No comments:

Post a Comment